Wednesday 24 August 2011

Wednesday WiP

Missed last week's W.i.P Wednesday. Too much going on and very little sewing. Anyway, the past three days have been very fruitful.

Finishes
Made some Christmas place mats for my sister-in-law and letter banners for niece and nephew. You can see them here.

Basted and Quilted. Needs binding. 
Summer Garden being basted
I was on my hands and knees a lot this weekend! Anyway, very happy that I got a baby quilt and two singles basted and quilted. Now it only needs binding and a wash. I feel the most tedious part is over, what with ironing layers and layers of muslin and basting on the floor! So this is certainly a good thing.



New Project
  • Apsara's Quilt - A friend of mine ordered a quilt for her one year old to fit her crib. She really liked the pinwheels on Anagha's quilt so she wanted pinwheels. Apsara is a lovely little happy baby with the cutest nose... :) I hope she'll like it. From what I hear she's into light colors and teddy bears. Going to try to bring in both. 

I've been pressing open the seams on my pinwheels. They reduce the bulk at the center of the block and it lays nice and flat. A longer process but very happy with the results. Since I use muslin for batting pressing the seams to one side creates bumps that are quite prominently felt. This is soooo much better.


Quilt tops to be finished
I should have this done by next Wednesday.
In the freezer
Have had to put the QAL with crazymomquilts on hold (can one do that with a QAL??) Anyway, we are in the middle of moving and I have orders that I need to finish so am going to pick this up later. More on the move once its final (fingers crossed).
Happy Scrappy House Quilt. The house blocks are what they were two weeks ago and I think I'm just going to pack them up and bring them out much later.

Go check out the great stuff on W.i.P wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Have a good week.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment