Wednesday 3 August 2011

Beginning to make lists...

Linking up to W.i.P Wednesday and I think I'm going to start making lists of ongoing projects, projects in the freezer, projects waiting to be finished etc.

QAL with crazymomquilts

Made 3 more blocks this week bringing me to a total of 10. I need 20 more for a lap quilt. I'm really happy I got to use these solids and the some of the prints. They are slightly thicker than what I would normally use for a quilt so only used them in banners. This block however works with these fabrics and since its going to be a lap quilt for us it will be just fine.

Happy Scrappy House Quilt

I started these house blocks a while ago. And I'm planning to keeping it going for a while. They're made from scraps so I want to try and bring in as many of the fabrics I have used in the past year into this so it will also become something of a memory quilt. Will keep going till I have a double quilt. I know some stories are getting told as I go along. :) They're from a tutorial at Quiltville.

Quilt tops to be finished

I've also begun to cut for place mats and a flying geese quilt. More on that as we go along.
Have a happy Wednesday! :) Go check out the great stuff on W.i.P wednesday at Freshly Pieced


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


6 comments:

  1. I love your houses! They are super cute! That will be a lot of fun when you are finished! I like the idea of using scraps so it has meaning as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane. I'm thinking of taking the houses over a few years... and hopefully places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house blocks are very cool! I also love the idea of using scraps from other projects all together as a sort of personal quilt history. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol your quilts are so colourful. They are like a breath of fresh air.
    Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa - neat checkerboard blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice work on the scrappy houses. I like the look of them. I think I will check out that tutorial

    ReplyDelete