I've been wanting to make stars for a while now and even though I haven't begun to quilt here in Toronto yet I thought I should be prepared for that wonderful day! :) So here are some links I found for start blocks.
- Cluck Cluck Sew has an easy tutorial for a basic star block.
- Lee has a Ribbon Star Block Tutorial at Freshly Pieced. This one looks complicated but I think it should be manageable if you follow the steps.
- Fresh Lemon Quilts actually has a series of star tutorials on right now! The Solstice Stars Series has some very cool stars that I hope to make at some point. Can't join in right now unfortunately. If you can you should. Looks like a great series.
- The Silly Boo Dilly has a Wonky Star Tutorial which looks quite simple to make. I must admit I really do like wonky blocks.
- Jennifer's Star Flower Block Tutorial on Sew We Quilt. I really like that this star is so colorful.
- Thought and Found had a quilt-along called Oh My Stars! that has some nice saw toothed start tutorials.