Tuesday 6 November 2012

In the Pipeline

In the Pipeline Sketch
My aunt had a game on her phone. You had to form this pipeline from the water source to where you were supposed to get the water to go. There were different shapes of pipes that you could use to get the water flowing. This quilt... came from that game. :)

I drew up the pattern earlier this year when I was working out a quilt for my nephew. I loved the design but knew it was going to be a lot of work so I didn't make it for him.

I have tried to work the math on this one but it's scrambling my brains! I may just have to work with the fabric and see how it goes. 


I'm using a Charm Pack of Simply Modern by V and Co. Gosh I love this line. It is so gorgeous. So simple but so nicely done. Love the colours and the patterns.  And I'm using Kona Charcoal and Chartreuse.

Started piecing the blocks.

Then ran out of Chartreuse strips so gotta cut again!


Really looking forward to this quilt. Fingers crossed! 

Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

  1. Awesome, this looks like it's going to be a terrific quilt. Very creative, I love it when people can pull quilt ideas from everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so vibrant a quilt! I love your pattern! I guess in the end, you just gotta go with your gut and start the project. Can't wait to see it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks promising, those Modern fabrics are stunning and graphic! I can hardly wait to see how it goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabrics that you've chosen. That's a complicated design but it will be great once it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, and can hardly wait to see the finish!The Chartreuse is so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far so good! Love the colors you're choosing. But that is too much math for my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Simply Color! I'm excited to see your finished quilt. :o)

    ReplyDelete