Saturday 3 November 2012

Flirting with Flirt

I bought two charm packs of Sandy Gervais' Flirt a few weeks ago. It's such a sweet line... very hard to resist.

Decided to go with Half Square Triangles for this one.  I seem to make a lot of HSTs it seems. They are such versatile blocks. I'm doing my best to try and make them just right.

I'm pressing seams open this time and squaring them up and hoping for good results. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.


What is the best way to square the block up though? Should I be taking the angle into consideration... how do I do this the rigth way?


 I tried to get them to be 4 and three eighths...


And played with them a little bit to see what would look best...


I think I'm going to go for the scrappy chevron look.


No comments:

Post a Comment