Tuesday 26 June 2012

Good Weekend

I've had a great weekend. :) First I got my machine. I started my second quilt - this one is for my nephew. I decided to ditch the pillow case and go the whole hog with it! So it's going to be a twin. I have to get this, and the other one I made for my niece quilted before they arrive in July so... this is going to be a marathon!
I'm learning a lot about stretching fabric. I didn't worry so much about stretch when I was working with fabric back home. I don't know if we just had tighter weaves... fabric here does seem to stretch more.

Then my friend brought me back some fabric from her vacation. Very sweet. That's here.

So I just had to pull out all my fabric and look at it. :)
The stash is growing... slowly but steadily.


 


Linking up to:
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. That block looks very promising - a boy would definitely dig that skull and crossbones print!

    I've got a big stash and sometimes I just like to stop and look at it, too. :)

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete