Sunday 10 June 2012

Hooked on Hexies!

I've always wanted to make hexagons but didn't because it involved sewing by hand. I wanted to sew by hand but believed that my hand sewing was rather awful and so stayed away from it.

Last week Judy asked me if I would make a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt as part of a project for the store. Yes I did hesitate but said I would. Judy gave me a lesson one Friday afternoon and now I can't stop making them! I love it! :)

We're using paper templates for the hexagons. I will let you know about the store project once we announce it but till then... here are my practice blocks. I didn't think my very first blocks would look good but don't they? So this will have to be a quilt too.

Now I sew on the train to work! Good fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment