Wednesday 1 February 2012

Jennifer Chiaverini

So I was putting up some fabric on the store site yesterday and came across a collection by Jennifer Chiaverini - Anneke's Collection for the Elm Creek Quilt's fabric line. I stopped for a minute and thought - that sounds familiar. Today I was on Good Reads and was rating books I read and came by The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini and then I remembered! I had read her books and now I was looking at a bolt of fabric designed by her! I don't know about you but I really get a kick out of these things!

My husband found The Quilter's Apprentice and The Quilters Homecoming at Blossoms - the most fantastic bookstore for new and used books in Bangalore. I enjoyed reading both books and was rather excited to find novels that were based on quilting. Those were the first I had ever seen in my corner of the world and now here I am on the other side actually handling the fabric. :)

 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job at the quilt shop! Is it online only or brick and mortar too? Sounds like fun, I'm sure it must be very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! :) No it's brick and mortar so its wonderful to be around all that fabric! It's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read novel about knitting, now this one seem more relevant to me:). Must get one too. I hope flipkart has these. and do post the pic of the fabric..it'll be an eye candy;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elvira... I guess Flipkart might have it... we found it a seconds book store. Did you read The Friday Night Knitting Club?

    ReplyDelete